COVID-19 is a growing global health crisis and pandemic. Social distancing remains a key component of our current healthcare strategy and we are responding to each recommendation from the Government and the Hospitals as they are received. We have implemented extra measures to ensure the health of our patients and staff during this time:
- We are currently adhering to social distancing rules within our office space. This may mean waiting outside of the office until you are called in for your appointment to minimise the volume of people in our waiting room.
- We have hand sanitiser available and request that you sanitize your hands upon arrival and on leaving the practice.
- If you have an appointment scheduled in our office and have any viral symptoms for example fever, cough or runny nose please contact our office on 3847 7133 to reschedule or discuss the option of a telephone consultation.
- As per the Australian Government, anyone who has returned from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days on arriving back into Australia. We are receiving updated advice frequently from Greenslopes and Mater Private Hospitals and the Australian Government regarding the risk of COVID-19.
Welcome to Brisbane Specialist Surgery
With more than 15 years of experience Professor Andrew Barbour, who led Brisbane Specialist Surgery, special interests lie in oesophageal, gastric and pancreatic diseases, adrenal disease, melanoma, soft tissue sarcoma, and laparoscopic surgery.
To view the procedures and conditions that our clinic specialises in and our post operative information for discharged patients, please use the main menu above.
We believe in personalised, precision health care aimed at delivering the right treatment at the right time. Each person is an individual. Therefore, we seek to tailor consultations, investigations and treatment for each clinical situation.
New developments in health care from investigations to treatment are constant. The management of melanoma, oesophageal, gastric and pancreatic cancer and sarcoma are all rapidly evolving.
We offer surgical management of cancer, including oesophageal and gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, melanoma (and other aggressive skin cancers), soft tissue tumours (“sarcoma”), neuroendocrine tumours, reflux, hernias, weight loss, adrenal tumours and gallbladder.
Before your Appointment
We want to make sure we are prepared for your visit and therefore, before we can schedule an appointment, we will need you to provide us with the following:
- Referral and Medical records
- Radiology images (CT/CAT, MRI, PET scan, or nuclear medicine scan) on a CD (when they are not available online) and reports
- Lab test results, if available
Why Choose Brisbane Specialist Surgery
We believe in personalised, precision health care aimed at delivering the right treatment at the right time. Each person is an individual.